The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is accepting applications into its Partners in Education program, which facilitates educational partnerships between arts organizations around the nation and their local school systems.
· Teams consist of one or two representatives from the arts organization and a representative from a local school system, such as a senior-level administrator responsible for professional development.
· The team participates in an Institute that provides models and planning strategies for professional development programs in the arts for teachers.
· Beyond the Institute, the program provides follow-up consultation and professional learning to assist teams in their continued development.
· The Institute is the beginning of the Partnership Team’s participation in the program and Teams are accepted based on their application.
· The next Institute will take place April 25 through April 28, 2012 at the Kennedy Center inWashington, D.C.